Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Content:
LIA Response to blog:
    Literal
·     Log of specific hours with a total and a description of your duties updated on the right hand side of your blog
142 hours. =>
·     Contact Name and Mentorship Place
Fabian Villalobos, Young Champions Karate.

    Interpretive
     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
All in all, I gained a much deeper understanding of karate and the art of teaching karate. I've already been in karate for over 10 years and I have been working on learning how to teach for about 5 years. Although I've had experience, I feel that throughout this year of work I improved dramatically in my teaching skills. It's been a goal of mine to one day work as a karate instructor teaching through a larger organization or independently. After this project I feel ready to take on my goal and make it a reality. 

   Applied
     How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  Please explain.
My EQ is: What is the most important factor to effectively teach karate to young children? In short, my mentorship has consisted of me practicing how to teach and being there while my sensei taught or while I taught myself. It was through research and constantly talking to my sensei, the parents, and kids that I developed my answers. While I was working with my sensei at teaching I realized the many ways that teaching could be done. The different components of teaching that allows kids to learn the best, and it is precisely those components of teaching the became my answers. It was through my sensei and mentorship that I was able to check the effectivity of my answers. Since my sensei tends to be nice to me, he allowed me to teach on a somewhat regular basis. Through this I was able to put my answers to the test. 

*Please do not turn in your mentorship hours to the office.  After we collect the total list from all seniors, we will turn in one piece of paper with all hours for everybody.  It is counted as 50 hours of the 200 you need in order to graduate from I-Poly.  The 10 hours in the summer have already been added to your community service total.


=>

No comments:

Post a Comment