Monday, January 6, 2014

Senior Project: The Holiday

1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you over the break with your senior project?
During Winter break I was finally able to go over a lesson plan binder that my sensei gave me. It is literally a textbook's worth of information on techniques, how to teach, lesson plans, how to do some activities that help with karate, and so many other great ideas and tips for senseis. I went through every page and put post it notes on pages that I found interesting or that I could use as reference for later.

2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why?  What was the source of what you learned?
Overall, I got a bunch of new ideas and tips on how to improve my skills in teaching. Honestly, I think that this is the most helpful source I've read so far. I truly believe that by applying what I learned from all those lesson plans really is going to help me better organize how and what I teach. 

3.  If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers of your EQ, who would you talk to and why?
I'm planning on doing my interview on my sensei's mom. The reason being that she's been through the whole experience of taking her kids to martial arts classes when they were young and she knows what it's like to be a supportive mom for her kids. After so many years she actually knows a very great deal about the techniques and how to administer a karate teaching business as she she helps her son in running his classes. I believe it's very important to not only understand and address issues that might arise with the kids, but also their parents. They are the ones that bring their kids to karate classes and its of paramount importance to understand them and know what concerns they might have. By conducting an interview with her, I will have a more complete understanding of a sensei's perspective (I interviewed my sensei in my first two interviews), the student perspective (that would be me and some of my peers), and the parent's point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment