Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blog 3: Topic Choice and Semester 1 ESLR Goals

1. Topic: Karate

2. What do you plan to do this year to show growth in each of the ESLR's? Be specific and use an example. Examples can come from senior project, model assembly, core, and/or participation in senior class ASB or other organization on campus.
   - iPoly Citizen: This year I plan to accomplish being a good ipoly citizen by making sure that I'm punctual and if possible be a little early. I also hope to be able to ensure that I turn in everything on time. As well I'm planning to continue tutoring students this semester.
   - Effective Learner: For this school year I have set the goal to stop procrastinating. I will make sure to use my time wisely both in class and at home. I will also try my best to create my project and I'm hoping to make the best model assembly I can.
   - Effective User of Technology: I am hoping to be able to create a good, solid, in depth research about my topic. Therefore I'm planning on making a good use of my computer to find some legitimate articles, and locate relevant books in the Cal Poly Library.
   - Effective Communicator: To show growth in this section I am planning on putting my listening skills to practice. As part of my mentorship will actually take notes of my instructor's lessons, so I will have to listen very carefully and take detailed notes. Also, I'm planning to do the best I possibly can in all of my core classes, and for this I will have to listen closely to every lesson and pay attention. A clear example of this would be for Mrs. Pittman's class. When she teaches more about kinematics, I would make sure to take notes and understand the concept well. And in the give case that I don't, then I would ask her.

No comments:

Post a Comment